Friday, April 28, 2017

To Jesus through Mary Together and Beyond

33 Days to Morning Glory: A Do-It-Yourself Retreat In Preparation for Marian Consecration by [Gaitley, Michael E.]
Image Courtesy of Amazon.com

Yesterday in my email, I received a touching reminder from my friend, Cathy. She and I share the same date for our Consecration to Jesus through Mary -- May 31st, the Feast of the Visitation. Each year since we discovered this common thread in our friendship, she has emailed me the day before our preparation is to begin to renew our consecration.  Today, our start day, also happens to be the feast of St. Louis de Montfort.

Last year, my friend Peggy made her Consecration to Jesus through Mary for the first time. She did so on May 31st. Cathy once again emailed me to prepare. In turn, I emailed Peggy to prepare and on the Feast of the Visitation, Cathy (out of state), Peggy and I made and renewed our Consecration to Jesus through Mary together.

And so the chain continues to grow because after I received Cathy's email yesterday, I reached out to several of my friends and asked them to join in preparation to make their consecration. Two more ladies will be preparing over the next 33 days to offer themselves entirely in service to Jesus through His loving Blessed Mother.

It's a reminder of love, this email from my friend Cathy. It's a bond between us that reaches out beyond us just as the Blessed Mother would want. I am so grateful for Cathy's continued concern for my soul; because of this gentle "get ready" that she sends me, I have an opportunity to do the same and remind and invite others to prepare.

Thank you, Cathy, for being a servant to Our Lady and sharing a simple email that becomes a much larger invitation to bring souls to God.

Day One was today -- but never fear, you can catch up. Start by getting the book 33 Days to Morning Glory, or visiting this Consecration to Jesus through Mary, St. Louis de Montfort site to do the True Devotion retreat to prepare to love better, serve better, and grow in holiness by consecrating yourself to Jesus through Mary!

Once you make your total consecration, you will be amazed at how friendships grow and develop through the bond created by sharing a consecration date. 

No comments: