Sunday, February 5, 2012

St. Joseph, revitalize me for the challenges that lay ahead

After a couple of weeks of what has seemed like relentless battle, I am entrusting myself, my family and all that I am to St. Joseph. I was on emotional overload yesterday, and decided it was time to take a break --  a much needed one from FB. I will post what I write here and at examiner there, but for a little while, I am going to place my heart firmly back in the arms of Our Blessed Mother within the Holy Family and limit my distractions. I am hoping that this will also be of some small benefit to what is ahead for us as Catholics in the fight to overturn the HHS law and the one year deadline for compliance. The bishops need prayer, sacrifice and action on our parts.

To all who have felt the strain of the past couple of weeks with regard to our need to defend the Faith and regain our First Amendment Rights, will you please join me in this prayer to St. Joseph? I beg him in particular for renewed strength and courage so that I may be up to this task that is before us as Catholics and as Americans.

Leave a comment and let me know you are praying.

Prayer to St. Joseph

"Glorious St. Joseph, model of all who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the grace to work in the spirit of penance in expiation of my many sins; to work conscientiously by placing love of duty above my inclinations; to gratefully and joyously deem it an honor to employ and to develop by labor the gifts I have received from God, to work methodically, peacefully, and in moderation and patience, without ever shrinking from it through weariness or difficulty to work; above all, with purity of intention and unselfishness, having unceasingly before my eyes death and the account I have to render of time lost, talents unused, good not done, and vain complacency in success, so baneful to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all to imitate thee, O patriarch St. Joseph! This shall be my motto for life and eternity." - Pope Pius IX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This ruling is a wonderful OPPORTUNITY to explain what the church teaches about contraception and marital love, why it is an intrinsic good, why all Christians must reject what the world thinks is "reproductive freedom" and embrace what God says about reproductive freedom! I am praying. Love, Allison

Anonymous said...

I am praying this prayer with you and it is cool that I started on this the feast of Blessed Pope Pius IX death. He certainly saw his share of the demise of a moral civilization. Blessed Pope Pius IX...pray for us. St Joseph...pray for us.

Kathy said...

Thank you for your prayers!