Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful for many things...





There are too many things that I am thankful for to write them all here. I will attempt to make a short list, but the two most obvious need to be here, not on the list, because they are foundational to the list. Without them, there would be a much different list. They are: my Catholic Faith & my family. These are the grounding forces in my life that allow all other gifts to be received, accepted gratefully and appreciated.


This year I am thankful for five things in particular:

5. All of the kids having a successful school year so far! (homeschooling is going well)

4. Christian secured an internship for next semester doing something he will enjoy and find fascinating.

3. My new job at Catholic Distance University and all the promise that it holds.

2. Lyle's commute to the new campus is not as heinous as it might be.

1. A health issue for me that seemed pretty awful was a mistaken diagnosis! Praise God.

May we all thank God for the many gifts and blessings He sends our way. May we recognize that He is the source of all these things, and that even what may not look like a blessing initially may well be one in the end.

What are you thankful for? Feel free to share here in the comments!

Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments: