Friday, November 4, 2011

In memory of Aunt Eva & Lee -- God rest their souls

My family has experienced the loss of two dear souls this year. These people have touched my life from my childhood and have formed memories in my mind that will endure as long as I do.

God rest the souls of:

Eva Greco -- born into eternal life 4/27/11 -- wife to my Uncle Tommy. I shared with my cousins (Eva & Tommy's children) how the memories of Sicilian Pizza on a Sunday evening listening to Aunt Eva fuss in the kitchen, and Uncle Tommy play his accordion would always be a treasured memory from my childhood.

Lee Genovese -- born into eternal life 11/3/11 -- father of my sister-in-law, Joanne, my brother Jim's wife, and GP (grandpa) to their three children. I remember way back in the 80's when Lee had started to work for Smith Barney (his second career) how he speculated about the stock market hitting 3000. Never, we all said. He'd have none of it -- smiling the whole time at us knowingly. What a conversation! -- in between innings of the Yankee game, of course. And, he was right...less than six months after that conversation it topped 3000. Lee was a dear man, always kind, and always happy to see you.

Please Lord, grant these, Your children, rest and peace. Our hope is that they enjoy the wonders of the Kingdom of Heaven with You!

Réquiem ætérnam dona eis Dómine; et lux perpétua lúceat eis. Requiéscant in pace. Amen.

No comments: