Friday, August 5, 2011

Design style: Fickle

Well, it's a new look again. I keep changing my mind. And that's a woman's prerogative, right?

Some days I just want a warm, cozy feel, like you're by a fireside looking over a winter ocean as the waves toss against a grey, snow-filled sky -- where's my glass of brandy? -- kind of blog atmosphere.

Other days, I want it bright and clear, like a breezy summer day at the beach. The sand is warm, the sun sparkling and cheerful as the rippling tide beckons you to come in for a swim -- followed by a barbecue and a beer -- kind of blog.

So, I rock back and forth between the two. I hope the rocking isn't making you sea sick!

Nonetheless, I never change the blog haphazardly. I put my moods and my desires before the Lord. I appeal to His will, and He really hasn't objected to the format changes. So, I go right ahead and feed the craving for atmospheric conditions to shift on the home page.

It's a process of getting to know myself better, and in turn I hope that you will get to know me better. (Not just that I'm fickle about blog backgrounds!)

No, that it's a dance I do in prayer on those beaches in my mind. That each time I talk to the Lord, or ask His Mother's intercession, about how He wants me to proceed, the answer is typically that there is someone new to whom the change will appeal. Someone who needs to get to know the Lord and His Church a little better.

Perhaps my blog is the first place that person will encounter God and His message of love and life. Or, find out about the Blessed Mother, or how to live  their life doing all the normal things with a heart centered on Christ in His Church.

So, I pray, I listen and I change; I pray, I listen and I grow, always obedient as Jesus was obedient to His parents. And so goes the blog, always mindful of the verse from Luke:

He went down with them and came to Nazareth, and was obedient to them; and his mother kept all these things in her heart. And Jesus advanced (in) wisdom and age and favor before God and man.(Lk 2: 51-2)

God bless.

No comments: