Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A new adventure begins

This past Friday, I started a new adventure . I am officially a homeschooling mom while job sharing and working part-time as the Student Life Coordinator at Catholic Distance University. Soon to come will be course revisions and two classes for which I will be the professor. It's all so exciting!

And with all the excitement comes the transition period. Everything is happening at once. I'm a little overwhelmed, but in a really good way. It's a lesson to me about my tendency to be a perfectionist -- not everything must just so. What must be perfect is my soul; that is something I strive for on a daily basis, often falling flat on my face.

I take comfort in this Bible verse:
So humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time. Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
God doesn't care about the neat and tidy stacks of books, the planners that are all filled out, the email system that I have yet to learn, the daily chores that may have to wait a moment -- No, He doesn't care about that nearly as much as He cares about me. He wants me to first succeed at being His child. God wants me to place everything at His feet and allow Him to guide me on the path.

One thing at a time -- with His help -- that's how this exciting adventure is going to proceed. My dining room table may look like a library shelf just fell over on it. My email in box may be stuffed with unanswered mail. My floors may not be clean enough to eat off of. But, my family is happy and my heart is finally ready to relinquish control and accept the peace that can be a fruit of change.

It's all good, my friends, and it's all happening right now, right here and to me. Wow, I am blessed. The Lord will keep me strong in my resolve to serve Him in the many works He has laid before me. He will lift up my husband as he assists me in formulating a routine. I know the Lord will do these things.  All I want to do is use these marvelous new avenues as a witness to His glory!

He will never leave you; He is always your strength. If there are new avenues, many of them even, that have you scrambling. STOP! PRAY! TRUST! God's grace is sufficient. Believe it.

No comments: