Monday, June 20, 2011

My Life Lived in a Doctor's Office

Having a child with special needs almost always guarantees lots of medical visits. But, recently, it's been the rest of us. Christian and Lanie for their feet; Meggie for her knees; Annie for her sinuses; Grace for mysterious chest pains; Lyle and myself for our chronic issues. Eddie seemed to be the only one who is holding his own. That's kind of remarkable.

That's not to say that he doesn't have many issues that must be followed -- we have our regular six month visits, but nothing surprising. As a matter of fact, he hasn't been for a sick check since the fall. No pneumonia this year, either.

So what happens this morning? The first day of his summer vacation? Gooey eyes and runny nose!

What have you been waiting for, Ed? Mama to have a break from the madness -- everyone else taken care of?

Thank you, son! But I truly hope that this is only a head cold and nothing more. You've been so healthy for so long -- and that's how it has to stay. Perhaps it's just what happens when you can relax and not get up at 5:40am to make that ridiculous bus time!

So, I enter into the newest phase of life in the doctors office...this could become a regular feature!

1 comment:

Leslie McCaddon said...

Hi Kathy, :) Thanks for stopping by my seriously neglected blog. You've actually been on my mind. I have an patient-advocacy-type post brewing in my head. It must be the time of year...missing all the newbie med students coming into town! :) I hope that this is a short-lived cold and all is well again very soon! :)