Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Facing Down the Bug

It's 3am, and I am up. As a chronic insomniac, this is not anything new. What is new is the cause.

Stomach bug -- pretty intense -- hopefully all done!

This would be the first one of the year for me. Believe me, amidst all the other nasty ailments I've had this year, a stomach bug would not have been welcomed! But, typically, a family of six very active children will have their fair share of stomach issues. We were spared until right now.

Of course, there is no good time for a stomach bug, but this is an especially bad time.

First Holy Communion is this Saturday for my youngest girl.

If I've do the math correctly, and it does what most stomach bugs do -- runs right rip-roaring through the family -- it should be over with by Thursday/Friday. Just in time to Lysol the house and prepare for company.

If God has any pity for me whatsoever, He'll let me be the only victim. Please God let that be Your will.

Prayers would be appreciated.

Now, I'll try to sleep for at least a couple of hours.

And, note to carpool buddies -- I'll probably need an assist in the morning!

No comments: