Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tomorrow Faith on the High Wire Turns ONE

Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring ~~ St. Catherine of Siena

Hard to believe, but it's been one year since I entered the blogging world, one year since three very special women said to me -- TRY! I wasn't sure what would come of this experience. I wasn't sure I would be any good at this "blogging" thing; I still don't know if I am.

I do know one thing for sure about having this space, the Holy Spirit has been working. I have receive the grace to be able to share my thoughts about faith and life, my opinion about issues, my love for Catholicism, my family, etc. right here. It's an outlet of joy, sometimes of snark; but mostly of joy. It's been a challenge -- that new "thing" put before me to see whether I could master or crash and burn, whether I would use it wisely. I guess I'm still here, only mildly bruised by the process. And, most importantly, I believe that God is pleased with the attempt.

So first, I want to THANK GOD for the opportunity and the grace that has come from Faith on the High Wire. I have grown so much through this process and hope to continue to grow in His grace daily through this work.

I need say THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU to my husband and family for their sharing in the fun, and also for providing me with situations, articles, issues of the day as fodder for this blog.

I also want to give a hearty THANK YOU to all of you who read this blog -- I hope that in some small way I am offering information and encouragement, motivation and humor, and everything else God wants from this work to keep you inspired to read and grow in faith. It's a privilege to have you visit here.

And, of course, I would be terribly remiss if I failed to say THANK YOU to Allison, Mary & Peony -- the Feminine Geniuses for giving me the kick in the pants to make this space happen.


To celebrate, I am going to do what I have been doing -- examining faith, life, issues, those things that make me wonder about God's creation. And, I am going to offer a prayer for all of you who keep me writing!



Happy Anniversary Faith on the High Wire
I hope to enjoy many more with all of you!


Comments always welcome!

5 comments:

Davin Winger said...

Indeed,God has blessed us all greatly through your blog!

Thanks for trusting in Him Kathy, and putting yourself out there!

Happy Anniversary!

Kathy said...

Thanks, Davin. It's certainly an adventure. Keep me in your prayers.

Peony Moss said...

Happy first blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Kathy, keep on writing!

Cherie

Allison said...

Happy Anniversary! And MANY MORE!! The internet is a better place for your presence here.