Sunday, November 21, 2010

Two Divine Weekends -- Divine Mercy Care & CDU Galas

The last two weekends were filled with beautifully dressed women, smartly attired men and causes that the Lord has provided as a grace to do His holy will. I had the privilege to attend the Divine Mercy Care Gala last Saturday evening, and the Catholic Distance University Gala last night.

Divine Mercy Care is dear to my heart because if not for Dr. John Bruchalski, I would most likely not have my four girls. When I came to John after my husband retired from the military, I had just about given up on having any other children. I had several miscarriages and a child with significant special needs. I just didn't believe that my body was going to carry a healthy pregnancy again. John put a stop to that negative thinking. After multiple visits to doctors over the years, John, after prayerful consideration of my situation, suggested that we do some blood work. He found that I had a simple problem that could be corrected with medication and careful monitoring. I had my first girl shortly after getting my thyroid under control. For this reason and a host of others, it was a distinct honor for me to join the VERY ENTHUSIASTIC pro-life community at the Gala in Herndon, Virginia last weekend.

Last night, I joined fellow alumni, faculty, staff and benefactors at the Catholic Distance University Gala in honor of Bishop Paul S. Loverede. His Excellency Paul S. Loverde, Bishop of Arlington and Chairmen of the Board of CDU, was honored with the Founder's Award. Papal Nuncio, His Excellency Pietro Sambi, presented the award to a very humble and grateful Bishop Loverde. EWTN was also honored for their tireless use of the media for the cause of evangelizaton. St. Agnes Parish, a local parish and long time supporter of CDU was also honored for their faithfulness to CDU. What an exciting evening! Dr. Maryann Mount announced to everyone that CDU is ranked 3rd in the nation for MA Theology students successfully completing and graduating from the program. What an amazing gift the Lord has provided in CDU. It just goes to prove that CDU, an institution committed to providing an authentic and genuine Catholic higher education, is more than capable of standing toe to toe with brick and mortar Catholic institutions.

It is always a pleasure to support these two very worthy Catholic causes. One (Divine Mercy Care) provides essential services in the field of medicine in a very tenuous climate in our culture of death society for the delivery of moral and ethical health care. The other (CDU) educates the faithful to go forth and build up the body of Christ with catechesis faithful to the Magisterium of the Church. They come at evangelization from different angles, but do the same work -- spread the Gospel of Life.

To support these causes or to sign up to take a course or seminar, please go to the following links:


No comments: