Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Commentary on the Papal Visit to the UK -- Finally? Finally!


A friend asked me the other day why I hadn't covered the Papal visit to the U.K. on my blog. It was a good question, I thought -- perhaps one that could do with an explanation.

It all began back in July when I decided not to announce on the blog Pope Benedict XVI's acceptance of an invitation by the Queen of England to visit the U.K.

From there, the summer moved on and the school year began.

Everyone else was doing such a fine job representing the papal visit that I decided to let them continue.

Catholic News Agency

EWTN

National Catholic Register

I will offer this little bit of commentary about Pope Benedict's visit to the U.K. It was much needed in this era -- a time of renewal and restoration. Christian unity is essential in the current world climate. I am glad that the Holy Father was met with such love and dedication by Catholics in the U.K. I pray that their love will spark a conversion that strikes at the core of all Europeans.

It is a great sadness to all Catholics to see vocations waning and Churches empty.

It is a great sadness to God.

But, Pope Benedict XVI took the U.K. by storm with love and devotion to Christ in His Church. He is living the last proclamation that Christ made to His apostles on this earth:
Then Jesus approached and said to them, "All power in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age." (Mt 28:18-20)

Now, we need to pray that the message of His great love for us fell on fertile soil.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Yes, my prayers are with yours.

Allison said...

Whatever is said or reported, the Holy Father always manages to convey, "This Is The Faith," whenever he travels. Thanks be to God!

Kathy said...

Michelle -- thanks or the comment. Praying is essential.

Allison -- AMEN!