Thursday, July 22, 2010

small successes

FaithButton

1.

I have fed 70 hungry campers at our VBS in our snack monastery where strict silence is observed (not really) during our meals as the Abbess reads the lesson. :o) So much fun!!!

2.

I retrieved Meggie from an adventure with her aunt in PA -- making her uniform skirt for school next year on her new sewing machine. Now, Meggie can teach me how to sew! Thanks, Aunt Ann!!!

3.

I have made it through the swim team season without drowning -- meaning, I did all my volunteering and got my kids to the meets and social activities without a major meltdown! (Although, I did get lost leaving the meet last night at almost 10pm, and after VBS and driving to pick Meggie up at the MD/PA border, I was a tiny bit cranky!)


To share in the small successes of others visit Faith & Family Live!

7 comments:

Joy said...

Great list! Congrats on keeping everyone fed and where they are suppose to be!

Thanks for commenting, ViolinMama (Rosey) started the tradition of Thankful Thursday.

Mary said...

Great successes! #1 sounds like so much fun! #2...I can't wait to se what you make with Meggie! The possibilities are endless!
Have a great week!

munchesmom said...

Great list! I would love to learn how to sew, but don't think I have the time or patience right now. I was going to make my DD a dress last year, bought the pattern & material, started to cut & realized I was in WAY over my head. Thankfully, a dear friend volunteered to make it for her. She even made a second dress in a different material.

Kathy said...

Thanks for the comments! It was a busy and a very tiring week of successes. There were several others that occurred to me after I posted...it was a very fruitful week.

I love the idea of Thankful Thursday -- Rosey should do a Mr. Linky for it. I would post twice on Thursdays. Attaching it to SS is fine, too. Great, great, great idea!

Monica said...

Wow, those are some great successes! It sounds like you have been busy but well.

Hannah said...

It is so awesome that your daughter is learning to sew! I keep trying to learn! Hopefully I will be able to learn soon.

Kathy said...

Monica & Hannah,

Thanks so much for the comments...life is always busy and interesting around here.

I will try and get some pictures up of the skirt that Meg made with her Aunt Ann. She is almost done hemming it by hand -- then, she just needs the hook and eye.

She went to the fabric store and bought a new pattern and some material to make outfits for her younger sisters. I can't wait to see what she can do on her own. I'm excited that she wants to sew.