Thursday, July 15, 2010

small successes

FaithButton

1.

I enjoyed a very successful trip to Plato's Closet -- a second hand shop that sells gently used "cool" name brand clothing. I had very happy tweens by the time we were done and I left with some fashion-foward, yet appropriate clothing for my girls.

2.

I taught my second week of summer RCIA. I love to share Our Lord with others! What a blessing to teach the Faith. Please continue to pray for me and for my students.

3.

We just stopped to smell the roses on Tuesday. The kids and I learned how to make cord rosaries while we shared a lovely, peaceful afternoon with friends. Summer joy -- life at a slightly slower pace -- so very sweet!


To share in the small successes of others visit Faith & Family Live!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Yea! Awesome week. I love "Plato's Closet" i actually shop there for gifts for my nieces. This way I can purchase a few more pieces than at regular retail prices. Love #3. Rest is a lovely thing. resting with friends is even better! Have a great week!

Nicole said...

How wonderful you're teaching RCIA! I came to the Church through RCIA, actually, and it was a wonderful experience. I will be praying for you, as well as those who are seeking to join our Church family!

ViolinMama said...

My niece loves Plato's! She's almost 15 so this is great for her!

Thanks for your kind words today, and I love your list!! #3 sounds so relaxing!

Anne said...

Instead of "plato's closet", Rachel and I hit Salvation Army last week for their 4th of July sale -- any item of clothing was $1!!! We bought 78 items of clothing, mainly for Lucy in various sizes and seasons (I'll store a Rothchild spring dress coat that cost me $1!). I wish I had time to relax with friends...sigh... maybe one day soon!

Farmer's City Wife said...

LOL... I only just learned about Plato's Closet and thought it was just a local store. I thought, "wow, she must live really close to me" and then saw they have stores in almost every state, hehe.

Congrats on an awesome week!!