Friday, February 19, 2010

small successes -- vol. 2

FaithButton

  1. We made the decision to have our son, Eddie, Confirmed, completing his Sacraments of Initiation in the Church -- to some this may seem like a "no brainer," to us it was a decision that made us weigh several opinions and factors in Church teaching. The Lord made it abundantly clear that we should proceed.


  2. The test results on Annie's MRI indicated a serious sinus infection that could be adding to her head pain. No other anomalies were present, praise God!


  3. I actually went to bed early one night this week after completing all that needed to be done for the next day!


  4. I was able to keep my Lenten promise every day this week, but for today -- however, the day is still young...could happen, right? God's will be done.


  5. Lyle and I will get to enjoy a date night tonight to help celebrate a dear friend's birthday -- a Feast Day on a Friday in Lent! -- Maybe I'll order something better than fish sticks to celebrate! Abstinence remains the word of obedience for the day!



To see more small successes visit Faith & Family LIVE!




3 comments:

Darby said...

Bravissimo! Especially # 1 - I am totally excited for you and Eddie!

Mary said...

#1 - This is so freakin awesome!!! When will he be confirmed? What name will you/he chose? I am so excited for Eddie!!

#5 - have a fabulous time tonight!!

Kathy said...

His patron through all of this is Padre Pio, so he'll be confirmed as Pio. He smiled and laughed when I told Katie about the name. Eddie obviously agrees with the choice. We are hoping for the Feast of Pentecost.

Went to Clyde's at Tower Oaks Lodge...oh my...fish didn't seem much like a penitential meal tonight. But, it was in celebration of life, so...Awesome conversation and debate of things theological...I am inspired.