Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Forming a Catholic Conscience in Our Children


The Commandments and the Beatitudes are guides to living a moral life -- some of us didn't understand this until well into adulthood, some of us still don't understand. That can change, and it doesn't have to be that way for our children. Catholic Culture has resurrected an article by Dr. Mark Latkovic that serves as an excellent resource to parents in the formation of a Catholic conscience for their children.

Forming a Catholic Conscience


So, we should take a deep breath, look at our children with love and ask ourselves, "Am I helping my children form their conscience; a Catholic conscience that will not only benefit them, but all those they meet?" Then, read the following article.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathy, Wow, what a great reminder to us how to begin our day, even with that rough first start.
Thank you for sharing. God Bless.

PS I tried 5 times to post this, can not find the Yahoo option, so using anonymous, but it is me, Cherie S.

Kathy said...

Cherie,

Thanks for your comment. I think you posted it to the wrong piece, but since you took the trouble to try 5 times, I'll just leave it where it is. I'll comment up on the "Coffee and the Hand of God" post so you'll know where to find my response to you! Have a great day and thanks for the kind words.