Friday, January 22, 2010

And They March...

Today I sent my two oldest daughters into Washington, DC to participate in the March for Life. Meg (12) and Annie (9) went to their first March last year. They couldn't wait to go back to support the Pro-life message this year with our parish from Northern VA.

Their brother, Eddie, has significant special needs. This makes our family acutely aware of the blessings and challenges that help us to grow in our love for one another. Jesus tells us, "This is my commandment: love one another as I love you." (Jn 15:12) This is a command, not a suggestion. He gave His life for us, we in turn need to make sacrifices to imitate, in some small and unworthy way, His supreme love for us. I'm so proud that my girls desired to make that sacrifice today for Jesus, and to show the value of their brother's life.

It is for the least little ones, the ones who have no one to protect them from the dangers of the rationalism and the self-centered culture that ignores their value as human beings, that I write this first real post on my blog.

I look forward to writing more, but for now, I must hasten to play Scrabble with my youngest daughter. The blessings of life are so sweet!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Love it! Go Annie and Meg! It's awesome to watch the younger generation step forward and be witnesses to life!

Jack Haefner said...

I'm so excited to see your new blog, Kathy! I will try to follow as often as I can. I miss your keen insights in bible study and conversations in general. I'm sure this blog will help many people on their journey -- Toni

Sylvia said...

This is GREAT, Kathy!
I am looking forward to more of your commentary!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Annie and Megg for going and marching for those of us who could not go.